I never ever thought I would be able to run in the cold.
And here I am, late January having run through a cold couple months!
Its a pretty cool accomplishment (no pun intended)
Took a few days off from blogging last week to get away for a few days with the hubs. First time since I was 5 weeks pregnant with baby girl!
That is quite a while ago!
It was overdue and very very nice to spend some great time with my better half! Didn't do anything too exciting, just down to AC for a few days.
We relaxed, went to a movie, slept in, walked on a VERY cold boardwalk and even got my workout in! Yep, got down to the exercise room in the hotel and gyro :) I intended to do both days, but both treadmills were in use when I went down the second day, fail!
So, Saturday I was thrilled when one of my running friends asked if I wanted to run 4 miles on Sunday. Sure I said! Sounded like a great idea until I woke up on Sunday morning and saw that it was in the teens. Low teens...like 11degrees. That wasn't with the wind chill.
Did I also mention that this wake up call came at 5am courtesy of baby girl. (Welcome back from vacation!)
Busy morning, we led music in church, watched my beautiful little niece get dedicated to the Lord, Sunday School, lunch in honor of the beautiful niece, then home, finally. After leaving the house at 7:30am we got home at 2:15.
The run was to happen at 3:00. I was beat people, flat out beat. My text to my friend said I would be possibly be bailing because I was the "walking dead" Laid down for 20 minutes then sent the text to cancel.
Then rolled over and remembered I have a LONG way to my weight loss goal and that I would be failing to meet the 10 mile goal for the week.
Rolled back over, texted the running friend and got dressed.
Glad I did it.
Even though I was FREEZING my butt off!
I ran 6 miles!!
Which put me at 12 for the week!
Yay me!
Totally not boring! Glad you did it, cause if you hadn't, I so would have bailed at 4!!!
ReplyDelete