Saturday, January 15, 2011

Running Buddies!

I have rarely ever run with people.  I have to admit, I enjoy a nice quiet run by myself sometimes and to be perfectly honest have always been a little insecure about running with others.  Am I breathing too hard, am I holding them back, am I talking too much, etc.

But lately I have been running more with other people and I have really enjoyed it!  It doesn't matter how hard you are breathing, or if you are holding them back or if you are talking too much, its all about getting that run in no matter how you get there!  And it is truly motivating to get out the door.  When training for my half  I decided to run my 10 mi with other people, and let me just tell you if I hadn't been with other people, I wouldn't have finished.  And today, I DID NOT want to run.  Just was tired and not in the mood, but I had committed to running with friends and I am SO glad I went!  We had a great 5.2mi run!  Slower than lately for me, but it was easy.  I never thought I would actually say 5 mi was EASY!  Yay for training!  It was also fun to be with a friend on her first 5 miles!  We were only scheduled to do 4 but the first 3 miles flew by and we were on a loop, so instead of turning around and going back we kept going just to see how far she could get and we did the whole thing!  Very awesome to be part of someone's accomplishment!  Yay Leah!!  Our friend Lisa also ran with us and she is just getting back at it, but did a great 2.5 miles too!  Fun run all around!!

Another day down!  Thanks girls!!

No comments:

Post a Comment