Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Along with the rest of the world!

So along with most of the world, I made a new years resolution.  However, my resolution is a continuation of last years!  Lose weight.  I have been in a battle with my weight for MANY years.  Pretty much since high school. When I stopped playing 2 sports a year and continued eating junk food I could always eat because of said sports. 

I have learned (slowly) since then how to eat healthy.  I don't always do it...its hard.  Healthy food just doesn't taste as good.  But I have learned (only in this last year) that I feel 100% better when I eat that healthy food, and, gasp, have even lost the taste for a lot of that junk food!  I still have my vices....cheese fries, french fries in general, pizza, chips....but I have lost my taste for fast food almost all together. (with the exception of Chick-fil-A, but hey, I can eat relatively healthy there) 

Over the last year I have lost only 35lbs.  I know, one year only 35lbs. But for me that's HUGE!  However with that weight loss, I have lost 2 sizes and plenty of inches.  In the last month I have lost lost 4 inches total on my body.  SOO, while the weight may not be coming off qutie as quickly as I'd like, I am "losing" weight.  Last year I logged just shy of 500 running miles...and that was since March...and that included a 5k, a half marathon, and a 10k. (yeah that's right, I did a half marathon)  Before that I did wii fit and some cardio videos.  So far since the beginning of December I have only missed 3 days of scheduled workouts and that was between Christmas and New Years.


So goals, 30 lbs by May.  Its a tall order and almost as much as I lost last year, but most of that year I wasn't counting calories.  Heck, I was running 20-25 miles a week, I couldn't think about restricting what I was eating)  I have been tracking since November and have lost 8lbs since then.  (don't forget that included Thanksgiving, New Years and Christmas x2 because of celebrating with 2 sides of family) 

So my resolution is to keep going!  I am COMMITTED!!  I have decided to use this blog to keep me accountable.  I have a GREAT  accountability partner. She has helped me stay motivated and eat right, mostly because I email her everything I eat in the day...Yikes!  Love her!!  (this is her finishing her first 5K that's me in the background in the orange encouraging her, I had done my 10k earlier in the morning, and since seeing the pictures of the race, I no longer run in a hat!)


Leah, you know what they say about payback :)
The funny part...hopefully if I reach my goal in May, we'd like try for another baby, so in a few years I'll be right back on the weight train....hopefully in MUCH better control this time!

I promise this will not only be about me...I promise to write about my kids more too!  Even include pictures of their cute cute faces!!


2 comments:

  1. AWWWWW! I totally love your new background and you know I am totally rooting for you! You look great and you have been making EXCELLENT progress since we started this! Proud of you!Hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally understand the weight journey. My goal is to loose 56 lbs. this year. I'll be praying for you as I continue to work. Always enjoy reading your blog and keeping up with you guys. :)

    ReplyDelete