Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Fast Paced

So, I decided to go for an easy run today. 

Had a great 6 miles on Sunday, so easy right.

So I started my run, and vowed not to look at my watch until 1 mile. That's hard for me to do, I want to make sure I am steadily running, but its not fun if I'm constantly thinking about time.

Then I check my watch at 1 mile.....8:42  WHAT!!!

I think, HOLY COW!!  That's fast!!  I think I should slow down a little....2 miles 17:32....WHAT!!! I didn't slow down that much...Ok, now lets see how fast we can do this! 26:49:09

ARE YOU KIDDING ME!! 

Now, I know that this may not be fast to some people. But for me....HOLY COW! 

Considering when I started running last March I was running at least 11:30+ this is HUGE.  I never thought I would even be running a 10 minute mile, much less under a 9 minute mile.

I didn't really even feel it...I kept trying to slow down, I guess this was just one of those days your legs are running you.

Even more amazing to me is that at this park where I run there is a hill...not a crazy hill, but still a hill.  I ran springs up and down it 5 times.  Adding about .7 of a mile extra.  I didn't even feel like I was gonna throw up! 

I've come a long way people...even if the scale doesn't say it...that much :)

No comments:

Post a Comment