Thursday, January 6, 2011

Perspective

There are things that happen in your life that change you.  Things you never expect will ever happen to you or anyone you know.

My life has forever been changed by Graham.  Graham was a little boy who only lived 14 week on this earth but will live on forever in our hearts.  His mom Shelly was a friend of mine in high school.  Shelly is one of those people you love instantly!  Beautiful on the inside and out!  Her world has obviously been rocked by this, her outlook forever changed.  Throughout this year, through her blog, I have watched her grieve.  And the only thing I can think about her is strength.  She gets up everyday and takes care of her precious family. She has two beautiful older children and from the sounds of it a great husband.  I once wrote to her that I was/am always shocked when I see pictures of her and she is smiling.  Really, truly amazing that throughout this whole terrible ordeal she can smile, obviously not always, but God gives her grace and moments of joy.

Shelly has been raw with her emotions and feelings and I have been blown away by it.  She hasn't 'put a smile on' and pretended that this was ok.  She has shown us the bottom but is also showing us that with Christ's strength she is starting to climb her way out of the pit!  She will never forget her precious boy, but trusting that God will use this for his glory.  She wrote this in her blog today....the anniversary of Graham's homegoing

"Losing Graham has changed me, it has changed our family and it has changed many people around us. Right now it feels like most of it is for the bad and yet I have a hope of heaven unlike I had before. I have even more of an appreciation of the little things in life and when my kids are throwing tantrums, it's easier for me to know that it won't last forever and at least I have the opportunity to discipline and teach them. The head sheriff talked to us several weeks after losing Graham and told us he had never seen his men affected by a tragedy as they had ours. Most times I still wonder, "Why us, Lord? How is this part of your plan?" I will never have an answer and even if Jesus himself told me the "plan," I'm sure it would not make the pain any less. I will continue praying that in time Graham will live up to his name and reach thousands for Jesus just as we had prayed. Again, this wasn't the plan....it wasn't the way it was supposed to be, but I pray that we will embrace our hurt and loss as well as our healing and point other's to Jesus."

Please continue to pray with me for this family!  They are truly amazing people!  Love you Shelly! This has changed me!

No comments:

Post a Comment