Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Baby Names

I have to admit I really do not enjoy this part of having children. I feel like its a huge weight, this kid has to live with this name for the rest of its life. Man, it better be good. I hate when I hear a name and I'm like wow, sorry about that. Is that mean?!?

We're starting to get serious about this search. I have been stuck on 2 for a little while, but Chris won't commit. Her middle name is going to be Shay, so its gotta go with that. My favorites are Addison and Leah. My dad wants Maggie, my mom wants Olivia (which is Wyatt would have been if he was a girl) all the siblings have said a name at one point, so that makes it fun. I keep asking Wyatt what her name should be and he has said, Ricky and Lucky. The latter of which he has gotten stuck on. Every time in the last few weeks I ask him her name he says Lucky. Hilarious. Anyway....any advice, or any suggestions! My only criteria is that I don't know anyone with that name.....or that its not too common., but feel free to suggest away.


For now...her name is Lucky!


8 comments:

  1. Layla, Kaylen, Isabella (call her Bella), Maddison, Lucy... those r a few. :) I like Addison.. but its pretty popular.
    I agree, it's fun coming up with names!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carrie! You don't even need this post! Lucky would be a great name! I don't know anyone at all with that name... I just laughed so hard when I read that. I asked Kaish what he thought and he said Lucky would be a perfect name...for a dog.

    Maggie is pretty! Shay is wonderful. You will think of something good. I just know it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My vote is for Leah...I like Addison also, but I do have a student who is named "addy"...not my favorite student! I did see a name the other day when I was headed to Lancaster. Of course I can't remember it - guess that means I need to go again! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Carrie, I am totally in the same boat as you but with boy names. But I love the name Leah and my favorite is Olivia. I think it goes really good with Shay. Good Luck!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. For me...call her Lian..or Nish...if it is a boy call him Ram

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well i guess I won't be checking the above site for names. Really Nish???? Um that's a sound not a name

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Care!
    I obviously like Addison...or Addy...which would of been Kian's name had he been a girl. I personally like Lincoln for a little girl too. Chad thought it sounded too much like a boy's name though.

    Love you guys!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  8. When it comes to girls names...I like old ones as well as unique... Evelyn, Emma, Clair, Isabelle, Lorain, Clara, Ella, Aubrey, Maison...of course I've had 12+ years to think of girls names. My all time favorite and was our girl name for all 5 is Kennedy Nicole. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete