Friday, February 25, 2011

Wow

I talked with a friend today a little bit about perspective.  In my life, its, don't complain about how much you don't like your house because, at least you have one, I live in a basement.  Don't complain about having to drive a minivan or a crummy car because at least you have 2.  I get to stay in my basement all day, every day with no car.  But I have to say to myself, at least I have a basement to live in...a roof over my head.  At least my kids are healthy and happy, they could be sick!  That perspective today came for me from here

What an amazing example this couple is!  An example of how to trust God in every circumstance.  I keep asking myself, would I have this same kind of faith! 

There is a lot of tragedy around us recently and it is easy to get overwhelmed and want to curl up in a blanket and cry, but our God is GREATER!!!  I read this yesterday and what a challenge, to "talk to your tears" Take a minute and read it!  Our God is GREATER, He can help you get up and take the next step and the next and the next!  Cody and his wife are missionaries to Haiti and have had to take a leave becuase of Susana's health.  But they returned for a small trip recently.  He wrote this on his blog the other day.

On one final note…We are in Haiti right now!  We came down yesterday to surprise the team that was scheduled to come.  They were totally surprised to see us greet them at the airport in Port au Prince.  We will be here for about 10 days.  We are still grieving and we will always be grieving to some degree, so it is better for us to grieve and still go.  We are sad, but we are not hopeless.  We hurt, but we are not paralyzed.  God is able to move us forward in His kingdom work even amidst our grief and pain.  We will take our grief and pain and allow the Lord to turn it into worship, sacrifice, and giving.  May He use us to continue to touch the lives of the broken.  And so, we press on knowing that He still has a plan for us to do while we are here on this earth.  God bless you.

 Today I am challenging myself to keep faith!  To continue building my faith in my Savior!  He is truly a strength and comfort!!

No comments:

Post a Comment