Wednesday, February 13, 2008
Scared
I am about to become transparent with this blog. I have been a little scared of God lately. Wondering what He is doing with our lives. We have been struggling financially for the last few years and while God has provided, it still is VERY scary. I have found this fear creeping into other parts of my life to where I am feeling very scared about all that God is doing. I KNOW that He is a good God, I KNOW He is a loving God, I KNOW He is God. I am just not feeling that way right now. I know, its not about my emotions, that's just how I am feeling. BUT, I just read this blog by Perry and it spoke to my heart in a way much has not lately. My kid looks at me like this and I have messed up with him, so why do I have a hard time looking at God like this? My kid runs to me and squeezes me when I pick him up from the babysitter, so why do I have a hard time running to God? Hopefully, I stop running scared and start running to HIM.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Carrie - this is the BEST blog by far! Thanks for letting me (and others) sneak a peak at your heart. We are in the same boat you're in and I'm afraid too! I think it's only human nature. Thankfully our God is faithful even when we are faithless. The unique physical issues challenge me too and I know when I'm in the mist of an MS Storm, it's hard to see God anywhere! Just like you, I also KNOW He's there, but for whatever reason I can't see Him! I repeat over and over again...Be still and know that I am God. I'm praying for you!
ReplyDelete