Friday, January 6, 2012

A Whole New Meaning

It's amazing as you grow up how your perspective on life changes. 

Some things have less meaning.

Some have much much more.

You realize what's important in life!

For me another perspective changed yesterday. 

Growing up my youth pastor and his wife meant a lot to me!  Before I was even in youth group they were my neighbors and I was over there every day. They say I was there more than I was at home!  I have even been honored to be called their eldest child at times! 

So, when on a trip home from a camp one winter, her water broke far to soon and their sweet baby was called home to heaven, I was upset and even cried. But now, after having children of my own, and knowing people who have had great losses in their life, I realized really the significance of what happened! 

I realized that they probably think of their sweet Annie all the time! Long to hold her, kiss her sweet face, watch her sleep.  You never get over the loss of a child, or a miscarriage, or an inability to get pregnant, or many other hurts.  Time may heal the sting and allow the ability to move on, but these things are never forgotten! Nor should they be. They make us who we are!

Yesterday would have been Annie's 21st birthday!  I can't wait to meet her one day in heaven and tell her what amazing parents she had!

Love you D & B!!!  You are so so special and I will hug you tighter next time I see you!

2 comments:

  1. This definitely choked me up. Thanks for your sweet words.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So true, Carrie!!! Thanks for sharing!! God definitely allows things in our life to make us and mold us into who He wants us to be: MORE LIKE HIM!!! It's not the easy road, but it is the BEST road!! Love you girl!

    ReplyDelete