Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Failing-A Mom Blog

It all started with good intentions.

My sons hair was looking like this...


The one doing the feeding, not the one being fed. :)

Seriously, an untamed, thick, long mess. 

Did I mention, thick and long.

Did I mention that he won't let me "do" it every day. Gel to tame the bedhead. No, that does not happen in this house.  He says it doesn't look like "him"

Did I also mention he hates to get his hair cut.

As in, once upon a time my mom pulled into the driveway and heard horrible screaming. So much screaming she ran in the house, sure that someone had broken a body part or worse, just to find him getting his hair cut.  Yes, its that bad.  No amount of bribing or cheering or encouraging will help.  In the five years of his life he has not cried for 2 haircuts.  When I say cried, I mean thrashing about screaming his head off.  Its a wonder his hair isn't to his knees.

So, we were all geared up for a "quick" hair cut.  Both babies sleeping. We had just finished dinner. Dessert was promised for good behavior.  

Towel over the face for stray hairs, cape on to be brave like superman.

The first couple of passes go without incident.  Then we get to the back where is it thicker and longer, and the first tug of hair.  You see, when you cut long hair with clippers, it builds up and starts to pull.  See where I am going.  

Much screaming to ensue.

We're talking scare his brother and sisters to death.  In the midst of him screaming, I could hear both babies and Leah crying.  Poor Daddy.  Side note, both babies had to be held the rest of the night because they were so shaken, at least that's what it seemed like.

30 minutes later we finally had a finished haircut. It ended with him sobbing into a towel. "Bad mommy, bad mommy, bad mommy"  Yep, we both ended the haircut in tears.

The only good thing, I didn't have to hold him down. :)

So, the lesson.  When your son needs a haircut, take him to super cuts or call his aunt :)

No comments:

Post a Comment