Wednesday, January 11, 2012

2 Months

I know I'm a few days late, but hey, I have twin infants!

Luckily, right now they are both napping along with their big sister, and lest I jinx it, I have a few minutes of quiet. 

There is laundry on the floor to be folded, a floor to be vacuumed, dishes to be done, a shower to be taken, beds to make, but I am just taking a quiet moment for myself.  These times are few and far between

So on to the babies.


Emmerson obviously not to happy about this...done with the photo shoot!


2 months already!!  So crazy!  I see some things getting easier.  I have finally figured out how to feed them at the same time by myself.  I've found a method that works well for me.  Baby on each side sitting in a boppy, blanket rolled up in front of them and bottle resting on the blanket.  I hold their bottles for the most part, this just makes it easy when I need to burp one of them.  No wrangling to try to prop the bottle up, its just let go and burp.  Works well for me.  Now, if I could just make myself put them on the same schedule.  I do for the most part, but I hate waking them up when their sleeping.  Like right now, I really should be waking up Caleb to eat because his sister ate a while ago, but when their napping so well, I hate to do it! 

Here's and individual twin breakdown.

Caleb:


Holds his head up pretty well
Loves to look at the pictures on the wall
Smiles when you talk to him or smile at him
There's no fussy with him, its either happy or screaming. 0-angry right away
Isn't sleeping through the night and not really giving me a super long stretch.  6 hours has been his max
Likes the bouncy seat as his toy of choice
Loves his brother and sister! 
Eating 5oz about every 3 hours
Loves tummy time

Emmerson:


Getting better at holding her head up. Still pretty wobbly but getting stronger all the time
Also loves the pictures
Loves to watch tv
Great smiler!  Beat her brother to the punch for first smile!
Sleeps through the night!  Last night was from 8-5!  Yep!  Love her :)
Is content most of the time and only really gets crying when she's hungry
Loves the swing, the bouncy seat and the play mat.
Loves her brother and sister!
Eats 4oz every three hours
Hates tummy time! 

Any advice on scheduling would be helpful!  I know Eat, wake, sleep. Just really how strict should I be?!? Or do I stick with what I'm doing?

No comments:

Post a Comment