Crazy prospect right!?! I can't believe I've been doing it for 6 weeks already (yes I know, technically 10, but the first 4 don't count cuz I didn't know I was yet (and really only Pregnant for 2 of those...confused yet)
In my pregnant running time I have actually done really well. I wasn't sure how far I should go how fast I should go, but most that I read said that I just needed to listen to my body. And that's what I have done (note: I did get the doc's permission before continuing) I've been running for a year now and def. know what I should feel like when I run and am comfortable making those decisions.
I miraculously clocked my fastest time over 3.1mi an 8:44. I wasn't trying for that, just one of those days where you feel amazing! I have been averaging about a 9:30-9:45 depending on the day and am ok with whatever pace. Just getting the miles in is what matters to me right now. I am shooting for 3 days a week at least 3 miles each. I am also as much as possible going to try to walk on the days I am not running. This will take planning and discipline. I thought I had escaped the pregnancy sickness because I had been feeling good up until yesterday. But I have a little cold and have been feeling terrible the last two days, but am planning on running tonight!
Before I found out it was twins I was planning on running til 30 weeks, if I could make it. But now, we'll just have to see. The most important thing is to keep these babies cooking as long as possible!!
Here's to hoping for weeks of running!!!
way to still keep getting out there
ReplyDeleteHi there! Cute blog! I'm very impressed with your running, even while pregnant, and pregnant with twins, no less! and I don't know if I've officially said, Congrats on the TWINS! So exciting!!
ReplyDelete