Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Running With Friends!

I LOVE LOVE LOVE running with friends!  (now)

I have to let you in on a little secret....I have always been scared to run with people. It has always intimidated me.  I feel like I would be holding them back or breathing to loud or talking too much or I run funny or what if I can't keep up and have to walk, or etc etc etc.  A few years ago when I was running a lot too I had a friend who always said we should run together...I was SUPER intimidated.  So I never did.  Until this past summer I had only run with 3 people.  Two of them were my sisters and one was a friend from college who pressured me into it.  I hated every minute of it!


But this year something changed.  I found a running partner who I was good friends with.  I have known her since college and was SO comfortable running with her.  I knew she wouldn't judge me and would just run. And low and behold I LOVED it! 

So to me that is key, running with people I am comfortable running with.  Period.

I did take a HUGE step running "with" someone who runs WAY faster than me and guess what, it was one of my best runs ever.  It was in my training for my half and it was my 12 mile run.  I got done and wasn't even tired.  I didn't get to run along side her, but knowing she was there pushed me to keep going and going and going. 

Now I have a few running buddies who I LOVE running with! 

Thanks girls!!

No comments:

Post a Comment