So, I have been running on average this winter about 10-15 miles a week...not a lot, but enough to keep things going. But last week, I ran 8 miles on Monday followed by a 3mi on Tuesday, and I said to myself, self, maybe you should try to 20 for this week. The next two days were crazy which = no running. But I did get in a little one on Friday with a friend, Which brought me to 13.6, and I was supposed to run 7 mi with friends on Sunday. I knew Sunday was gonna be rough, but it was worse then I thought. Up at 6am to get myself ready, Sweet girl up at 6:30 for no good reason. Try to wake the boy up at 7, 7:05, 7:10...you get the idea, finally dragged him out at 7:15. Get them both ready, back their breakfast and head out the door at 7:30. (We had to get to church early b/c we lead music) I then had to work in the nursery...and got stuck by myself with 13 4 year olds...11 of them boys. Left there EXHAUSTED!
Chris had to stay after church, so my mom was my ride home, and they were going out to lunch. So two very tired children were toted to lunch. We didn't get home until almost 2...which meant not a long nap for me because my run was supposed to be at 4 and I had to tell my ride by 3:30 if I was going. FAIL.
Bailed on my run because a. I was tired b. the hubby wasn't home from church yet and c. didn't feel 7 miles in me.
I knew I was still gonna run, just not sure how far. Started out for 5 (which meant 5.2) around my neighborhood. At 4 I was gonna stop. Felt very tired. Until I saw my running neighbor, standing outside his house, in my mind waiting to encourage me! Now, I have never run with him because he runs an 8min mile on average, but we have "raced" eachother around the neighborhood. But I was excited to see him because I just had to tell him how fast I had gotten....so I yelled I've cut 2 min off my time from this time last year! Yay! And that gave me the motivation to finish the last lap and get in almost 5.4 .
Now, why do I tell this boring story....because go back and do the math. 8+3+2.6+5.4= 19miles....seriously, I was only 1 mile away from my 20 goal because I forgot about the 10th's. GRRRR I could have totally kicked one more mile! Instead I am kicking myself
So this week I am telling everyone my goal. I am going to run 20 miles this week!!! I am going to do it!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment