Friday, December 11, 2009

Gingerbread (Graham Cracker) Houses

After seeing many of my friends do gingerbread houses either for themselves or with the children I was inspired to have a gingerbread making party of my own. By party I mean making them with the fam, much more of the family tan I thought, even Grandpa got involved. He helped Wyatt make an "out house" my dad's version of a manly gingerbread house. Kelly gave me the idea for the graham crackers around the milk cartons which for me worked great and Katie made hers around a box. It was really a lot of fun and Wyatt loved it. Hardly ate dinner because he was on such a sugar high from all the candy he snuck.

Katie's house (of course)

Wyatt's house


My house

My favorite part of my house. The body is marshmallows, the eyes and mouth are jimmies pushed in, the nose is a tiny bit of orange frosting, his hat is a chocolate chip with a little bit of white frosting on it.
All three lined up.


These pictures were taken with my phone. My camera is broken and has been for a while, so I borrowed my sister's, and now her's is dead. I just can't win. So I am thankful for my phone so I can take some pictures of the kiddos and have a few of Leah's life these last few months.

1 comment:

  1. Wow. Your houses look SO great. I need Wyatt to come and help us. Ours were a disaster! : )

    ReplyDelete