Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Christmas is coming

That a phrase that has been uttered around here quite often the last few weeks as Wyatt has realized that he will soon be getting presents one of which he already found. The conversation usually goes like this..."mom I want to play with my KITCHEN, well Wyatt, Christmas is coming." . I know there is more to Christmas than presents but too a three year old not much more is getting through. We have a Christmas book that tells the story that we have been reading to him every night to try to help with the true meaning of Christmas. This is the first year that he has had an awareness of Christmas and it is so exciting. We walked into my parents house Sunday night and they had their tree up and Wy's eyes just lit up and he looked and looked at it for quite some time! So special. I know there is more to Christmas than presents but to a three year old not much more is getting through. We have a Christmas book that tells the story that we have been reading to him every night to try to help with the true meaning of Christmas.

My mom bought us an Advent calendar for this year so each day we are opening a day and there is a verse we are reading to go along with it. A lot of fun. I am excited for Christmas this year!!

No comments:

Post a Comment