That is what we are living right? Life? It just keeps going and never stops. We are doing well. Busy but well. Recently the hubby got a part-time interim position at our church here so we've been hopping. He is really enjoying the students at the church and is looking forward to what God is going to do. He is still teaching too and is enjoying that also. Keep us in your prayers as we think about what God has for us in the coming years.
The kids are doing well. Wy is a maniac. His new love is golf, his grandpa could not be more thrilled! Grandpa even bought him his own set of clubs. A driver, a wedge, and a putter all complete with a bag. So stinking cute! I'll have to download a pic from the camera soon so you can see. He's got a great swing. He cannot wait to go golfing with Grandpa.
"The bean" as we so lovingly call her is awesome. I love her, she is sweet, funny and a true delight. She has brought so much joy to our lives. (I think I say that every time I write about her) She's got her daddy wrapped around her little finger. He wasn't like this with Wy, but he had Wy to practice on! We are planning her 1 year birthday party. I cannot believe it has almost been a year!! Crazy. I recently read a friends blog who said that when you are in high school 4 years seems like an eternity, in college 4 years seems like a long time, but now 4 years is a blink!! Seriously, Wy is gonna be 4 in August and I cannot believe that time has gone SO fast. I tell him a lot to stop growing up, I want him to stay little. He laughs and says "no, I wanna grow up, I wanna be big like my wingman." (who is his Uncle)
I am still enjoying every minute of staying home with them. Every since learning of my friends tragedy a few months ago I have tried to cherish the days, moments, seconds. She wrote a post once called "You're gonna miss this" She wrote it months before Graham's death and is shows the kind of mom she is and is a challenge for me to be a better mom.
Ever since Bean was born I have been trying to lose the baby weight (from both of them) and progress has been SO slow and discouraging. I watch some of my other friends pop those babies out and a week later you could never tell and I get frustrated. I literally had lost 4 pounds as of January 1 and had been trying since July. I got a wii fit for Christmas (thanks to the in-laws) and was going that....a little results maybe 4 more lbs in 3 months, and was really going crazy. But then lent came along and I am not nesiccarily participating in Lent, but it gave me the idea to give up something, and maybe with a little more motivation to give up something little for Christ, I would be way more careful with sticking to it. So I gave up sugar. I know there is sugar in a lot of things, but I have tried not to eat anything is Sugar is listed in the first 3 ingredients. Since then....10lbs down. I have also started running again and much to my surprise, my first time out I was able to run 2.7 miles. I guess the wii fit was doing something, making me more fit..huh who knew!! So here I am running again. I am training to run a 5 mile race in May! I am up to 3.9 miles (3.9 because that is 3 times around our neighborhood) and I am feeling really good. Got new shoes today because I've started with a little shin splints, so hopefully they will help!!
Anyway, that was a long boring post about us! Hope you are all doing well!
Awesome Carrie! You are doing great!!
ReplyDeleteHope to see you this summer!
Laura
Good job on the jogging! You keep it up!
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness. That is SO great that you ran so far on your first time out. I can never run. I can never lose weight. I feel sad and discouraged all the time. I am thankful that my family and friends keep loving me despite being a MASSIVE human being!
ReplyDeleteI LOVE that idea of making sure sugar isn't one of the first 3 ingredients. That is such a good idea! I am going to start doing that tomorrow! Thanks for the idea : ).
I hope you keep treasuring every day. They fly so by. I can't believe how big Kaishon is. Sometimes it makes me feel discouraged because the time just flies and flies.