Saturday, February 6, 2010

Leah is 9 months!

If there is anyone out there actually reading this blog, sorry for the lack of posts.  Been busy around here.  My baby girl is 9 months old today.  I cannot believe it!  Times goes WAY too fast.  What a joy she is!  She is full of spunk and is one determined little girl.  I don't know how much she weighs or how long she is, but if I had to guess she's a little above average. 

Here are some of her accomplishments to date: 
(some recent some she's been doing for a little while)

Crawling on all fours.  She's been "crawling" since about 4 months, making purposeful movements to get something. But finally after months of army crawling she's up on all fours. 

Climbing the stairs, oh joy!

Pulls herself to a standing position and cruising around furniture.  She's trying to decide if she can let go and move from one piece of furniture to another.

Can clap her hands, this one she just started this week!

Puts her hands in the air when we say "How big is Leah?"

Eats mostly table food.  Girlfriend loves to eat what we are eating, and if she's not, we hear about it.  I haven't found anything she won't eat yet.

Drinks from a sippy cup.  Which is actually quite a sight, she throws her head back when she gets the cup in place.  She's been doing this for about a month, maybe a little more.

Says, "buh buh", "da da", "tka tka tka tka" I think she likes the way that one feels, I swear she said "dog" the other day when she saw one, and she says "ma ma" only when she is screaming for me.  She also says "na na" with an emphasis on the n when she wants more. 

She signs "more" and occasionally "please" and "all done"

She is sleeping all night when she's not getting teeth.

She gives kisses and is a dancing queen! 

 

I made this little tutu for her.  I got the idea from this amazing blog.  If you get a chance check out these great ideas!


We just love this little girl and are so thankful for the joy she has brought into our lives!

2 comments:

  1. She is so beautiful and yes, Carrie, I ALWAYS read your blog. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh. My. Gosh. She is just precious Carrie! Wow. What a little sweetie!

    ReplyDelete