Well we had an interesting night last night. I actually thought "Lucky" was getting ready to make her appearance. With Wyatt I had high blood pressure throughout the pregnancy which had me be induced a week early to avoid preeclampsia. This pregnancy no problems, one little scare in the 2nd trimester but after that nothing. Well, until yesterday. I went for my regular weekly appointment and had a high blood pressure. The nurse didn't like it but the dr. didn't think it was to much higher than normal to really worry. Everything else looked fine so she told me see you next week, but told me to watch for headaches and dizziness. I knew the preeclampsia symptoms from Wyatt so I knew what to watch for. After dinner I started to not feel great and it got progressively worse until I decided to run up to the drug store to check my blood pressure. When I first sat down to take it, it was 177/99 (normal is 120/80) So high is an understatement I usually run in the high/normal range, in this pregnancy it has been about 128/80. I took it 2 more times after sitting there for a little while and the bottom number (which is more dangerous) stayed in the 100's so I called the Dr. They wanted me to go in to the hospital to get monitored and get some tests run. So off we went. We took a bag just in case. BP was still high in triage so they ran tests, but it started to come down with rest. Which was good after about 2 1/2 hours the tests came back normal and the bp came down well, so scare over.
They monitored me which was hilarious b/c "lucky" didn't like that very much. She was running from the heart monitor when the nurse went to put it on. She is gonna be a handful when she comes out. Anyway, I have had to collect my pee all day and I go to the dr in the morning for a bp check. But it looks like she's gonna bake a little longer for now!! I'm really hoping that she decides to come on her own and I don't have to be induced, just b/c I would like to labor at home and not the whole time at the hospital, but I also want her to be healthy so we'll see! Can't wait to meet this little bundle of energy!
No comments:
Post a Comment