Monday, November 17, 2008

Day 16

A Risen Lord!

Today in church we sang the song "In Christ Alone" What a powerful song! My favorite phrase is..
"Then bursting forth in glorious day,
Up from the grave He rose again!
And as He stands in victory,
Sin's curse has lost its grip on me;
For I am His and He is mine—
Bought with the precious blood of Christ."

Wow! "Sin's curse has lost its grip on me." I do not live like that. What a challenge. I need to live like Chris paid my price because He did! I don't have to be a slave to sin. With His help I can overcome it, because I certainly cannot do it on my own!

1 comment:

  1. I love this song,too! But I call it "In Christ Alone"...I guess if I had a wonderful husband named Chris also, I would make the same slip! ;) Love you

    ReplyDelete