Wednesday, November 5, 2008

30 days of Thanksgiving!

My sister is taking this month to write 30 days of thanksgiving so I thought I would join her, if only a few days late. Today will contain 5 reasons I am thankful!

Day 1 - My amazing husband Chris, he has made some sacrifices for our family in the last few months so that I can stay home with Wyatt and our future children. This has been such a blessing to me! Not many can understand. He is a teacher at heart and had to leave some amazing kids in order for this to happen and I am so thankful for that!

Day 2 - My Wyatt. What a sweet little boy I have. Challenging at times, but an amazing kid. He makes me laugh and he makes me cry, but I couldn't have asked for anyone better! I love his laugh, I love the way he loves to play the drums, and I LOVE that he loves music. He has a determined mind and doesn't like it changed very easily. All of these things amaze me. My favorite these days are how he loves to talk to the baby. He'll crawl in bed with me in the morning and get under the covers, or as he says "in tent" and talk and sing to the baby! Love it. I pray that he someday comes to know the Lord and becomes a man of God.

Day 3 - A great pastor. We are enjoying our new church and really enjoying our new pastor. He has such a great heart for people and wants to see them understand the word and love the Lord so much. He has a great way to communicating this to his church and I am very blessed to have him. Thanks chill! He has a blog if you are ever interested in reading it.

Day 4 - A free country. Where we get to every year vote for who is running our country. The right to vote is something many have never had and I count it a privilege to join with my country (wish it was more of the country) and elect our officials.

Day 5 - A God that is in absolute control. We woke up today to a new president. And yes, our God is still in control. He may not have been the choice for some, but apparently he was the choice God wanted to be in control. We as Christians need to submit to that and trust in our Ever
Faithful, All Knowing, All Powerful, Living God.

2 comments:

  1. yay! congrats! we are so happy for you and will be praying for you and the baby, and Wyatt as he'll be a great big brother!

    ReplyDelete