Tuesday, April 17, 2012

5 months

Well, hello there blog, I had forgotten I had you :)

Crazy life around here. I should do a day in the life someday, then you will have a small glimpse into my crazy world.

We're growing around here!  The babies are 5 1/2 months!  Holy Cow!  The days may take forever around here but the weeks and months are flying!  I still have many many days of being very overwhelmed but its getting better!  God has really been getting me through!  Just when I think I can't take it any more He quiets one baby or sends someone along to help!  I really could not be doing this without Him!

At the babies 4 mo appointment (which was the at the end of April, so they were closer to 5mo then 4) Caleb was 16.8 lbs, which is actually only the 75%, surprising He was 26 1/2in long (90%).  Emmerson was 12lbs 4oz, which is in the 10% (I think) Crazy child, and 25 1/4in long!  She's gaining though, and think she's gained at least a lb in the last 2 weeks. Shes been eating like crazy!  Not spitting up as much either!

Both babies were great for their apt!  I was crazy and took them both myself.  Went well though!  I took in 1 car seat and put one in it while the other was getting checked out. Then after the doc left and we were getting ready for the shots, I dressed both babies leaving out their legs and brought in the other car seat.  Caleb went first and did ok til the last shot, and then we broke his heart!  Poor kid!  Emme did amazing, I was expecting her to cry a little more because she had been sensitive the few days before the apt, but she cried very little and then was fine. Caleb was still crying at this point and proceeded to cry til we got in the car to drive home, he then passed out.

I keep saying that the babies are my most challenging kids.  Not just because their twins but because it seems like everything that can happen does happen.  For instance, neither of my older two ever spit up, I laughed then because I rarely used a burp cloth and joked they were a waste of money.  Now, I go through at least 4 a day.  The older two never had trouble with shots, Caleb was miserable for 3 days. The older two were pretty good babies with eating, both twins have/had tummy troubles and were extremely fussy the first few weeks til we changed their bottles, water for their bottles, formula and method of making it.  The older two popped their teeth out without any notice.  Caleb is drenching himself with drool and  had lots of days screaming in pain and we haven't even seen teeth yet.  Sigh, oh well, at least I've had the older two to give me a small perspective that the baby stage only lasts so long!

They are also LOTS of fun!  Caleb is a super happy kid most of the time.  Both babies are very social and don't like to go to sleep though, they might miss something!  Emmerson smiles and anyone who looks at her!  She is a gem!  Really good natured for the most part!  She can roll both ways and recently has started inching her way forward!  Caleb inches his was backwards and is still only rolling belly to back.  He's working on the other way though!

Ok, enough talk, if you've even read this far...here's the good stuff :)






 I think I need a Wyatt and Leah only post next!  Better get on that :)

No comments:

Post a Comment