Tuesday, December 13, 2011

1 Month

I am taking a quiet moment while I've got one to report in. 

Bar far the hardest part of having twins is the no sleep!  I have found I can operate for a few days on very little sleep, but on about the 4th day I have to get a nap.

They are doing great!  Each of them eating 4oz every 3 hours.  I was able to pump for a month and then honestly didn't have the energy or time to continue.  Feel like a HUGE failure, more on that later.  Every time I feed Emmerson I wonder where she is putting all 4oz, I think she has a hollow leg.

I have gotten a smile out of Emmerson but Caleb is a hold out! 

They are starting to sleep a little better at night. Last night E did a 6 hour stretch between feedings and Caleb did 5. I would have gotten to sleep from 11-3 if I hadn't had a 5 y/o wake up puking at 2. O joy, we just did this with him last week too!  We are all sick around here.  We all have colds, including the babies and Wy has this stomach thing.  Really hoping that doesn't spread its way around.  I hate having all these germs around my almost 5 week old babies.  Sigh

I am so thankful for my otherwise healthy family though.  Got a heart/mind check this last week, when one of our really good friends out here's 8 day old son had to have heart surgery last Monday.  It actually ended up being 2 heart surgeries in one day.  What a toll that took on his mommy and daddy!  He is home now, 7 days later! Crazy right!?!   Praising God for His hand on tiny Rocky! 

Many people as how they can pray for me. Here's how. Having twins is hard. Having twins after already having 2 older kids is harder.  I feel like a failure in every way as a mom right now.  A failure with the babies because not only did they not nurse, but I couldn't even pump for that long.  Any mom who has tried and failed to nurse knows exactly how I feel.  You know its ok, that the best thing is that they are growing, but you've missed out on giving them the "best" and what parent wants 2nd best for their kids.  I feel like a failure because I don't get to spend as much 1 on 1 time with the babies. I feel like I'm just feeding, changing, feeding, changing and not really spending much time talking to and enjoying them.  I feel like a failure with the older two, because I can't spend nearly the time with them I'd like.  I am trying to find at least 1 thing a week to do with each of them, just us to help with this. 

I know I am trying my best, but just pray for me/us! 

I am not trying to complain!  I LOVE my family!  These babies have been a great blessing, I am so so thankful for them!  This is just the reality of life for the moment!  God's gonna get us through! 

This picture, shows a bit of life right now.  Neither big kid paying attention to me. Leah's hair insane...sigh...gotta love my bunch!!

2 comments:

  1. OH MY WORD, they are all SO CUTE! Wow, what a precious family! I've been praying for you a lot! I've thought about you so often, knowing that it must be tough. But I have to tell you, I've also noticed that I've never seen you complain and I've been VERY impressed by that! So many people that I know with only one baby seem to complain (on fb) all the time and I know your situation is so much harder and you're always so positive. I'm so impressed by that and what a great example for your kids! I will keep praying for you and your family for sure. Keep up the good work, you are most definately not a failure in any way! You are an excellent mom and you have to do what works for you! Formula fed babies are healthy and happy too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang on to truth, Carrie! I'm praying for you! (don't feel bad, my kids look like your pic and we don't even have twin babes!:)

    ReplyDelete