Tuesday, November 1, 2011

T-Minus

Well, since I'm on some form of bedrest now seems like a good time to update.

8 Days.

Unless I go on my own before, my c-section (yes c-section) is scheduled for November 9.  It was supposed to be today because my blood pressure has been high and I have been classified "mild preeclamptic" but the hospital and the dr's from maternal fetal medicine wanted me to wait for the babies. Now, while I understand this is better for the babies, the longer they are inside the better, I am SO ready to be done.  Tomorrow marks 36 weeks and I am HUGE.  The pictures I got taken by my lovely sister were weeks ago....like I think at least a month ago so you see how big I was then and add a month!  Ugh!  The bedrest has helped because I'm not as up and around as I was before.  This however, is also very frustrating. There are things that need to be done and I cannot do them.  Chris has been fantastic with helping, but there are things only a wife/mom can see and clean how I want them.  But its working out fine and I won't be pregnant for much longer.

Back to the c-section.  Bummer, total bummer. Unless a miracle happens and baby boy decides to turn around I have to have a c-section because he is "very breech" in the words of the dr.  Whatever "very breech" means.  Baby girl is transverse, but her position is irrelevant because he is the "presenting" (first) baby out.  I am a little nervous about the c-section, I've never even had and epidural!  But I am glad to know how this is going to happen.  If I had been able to go naturally, there was the chance I could deliver one vaginally and the other c-section and I DID NOT want that to happen, so now its just decided for us.  I would love for the miracle to happen and just deliver them naturally because I know the recovery would be so much easier, but I am glad we have a plan.  Even though we all know with babies that can change in a second! 

I'm excited to meet these little ones!  We are 99% prepared and as prepared as we need to be, just a few more touches in the nursery and it will be done, but those are not needed to have the babies!

A few way to pray!
Patience for me as I am so "down and out"
Patience for Chris as he essentially plays mom, dad and youth pastor
For my kids....all 4 of them.
....for Wyatt that this transition is easy for him especially with really still getting adjusted to school
....for Leah, because she has no idea what is about to hit her
....for the babies healthy arrival! 

Thanks all!!

Here's the babies in the belly pic!!!


2 comments:

  1. Wow, how exciting!! I am praying for you! I've had 2 c-sections now and they're not terrible. They are so worth the end result and it's times 2 for you! :) I will keep praying... congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. By now, your little ones should have arrived just a couple of days ago...I got flushed with emotion reading your words and seeing your belly. I'm praying for you guys, and the huge adjustment, and can't wait to see those twins!!

    ReplyDelete