Saturday, August 21, 2010

Training

So I don't know if I've mentioned it before but I am training for a half marathon.  Have been for the last 12 weeks or so.  I need to lose all this baby weight (and then some) and I do for the most part enjoy running.  But let me tell you, this has been hard!  Very rewarding in a lot of ways, but it takes a lot of time.  I am running 4 times a week anywhere from 3 miles to today's longest distance so far of 10 miles.  Yeah that right.....10 miles.  Two weeks ago I ran 9 miles and then when I tried to run for the next Monday I looked and felt like a 90 year old woman and had to take the rest of the week off.  At least til Friday.  My legs started to feel better but its just been SLOW going since then.  I had 3 very unsuccessful runs this past week my 6 was cut short by daylight and my 5 was cut short by my brain.  I hit a WALL!  I couldn't get past it.  But I was determined to get 10 in today.  So I put my mind to it.  I had to stop and walk 3 times, but I gave myself a goal to start again and only ended up walking less than .25 of a mile. The route was actually almost 10.5 so I probably ran at least the 10 miles.  No matter how many times I say it, it still sounds cool.  I ran 10 miles! 

Bring on the race!

1 comment:

  1. Really nice blog. I like it. Good work.

    Rudraksh Pathak
    www.baseoftech.blogspot.com

    checkout my blog and give your comments.
    Kindly become the follower.

    ReplyDelete