Tuesday, January 1, 2013

What a year

I am not even going to try to say that better blogging (or any blogging) is a resolution for me this next year.  Cuz if this next year is anything like the last I will not have any time/energy/mental capacity to write a blog post!

That being said, maybe I will do better!

This year has been crazy!   These two are most of the "problem"

You see, they have decided that their mom and dad don't need to sleep!

Ever!

Or, to be fair, only occasionally!

They are crazy and I am not exaggerating when I say I think I've slept all through the night maybe 10 times since they were 6 months old!  Two babies teething, two babies sick, two babies with sleep issues!  I have even broken the cardinal rule of feeding them in the night because I was almost literally losing my mind!  So this last year is a blur. My house is a mess and at times I am a mess but hopefully 2013 is looking up.  My mom assures me they will eventually sleep through the night more regularly again some day, but I have my doubts! Ha ha!  They are both thriving!  Both walked before they were one and amaze me every day how they learn and grow!!

This one has started the 1st grade (half way through to be perfectly honest)



He's doing great!  Has the same teacher he had for Kindergarten and she is awesome!  I'm not sure when he decided he could get this grown up and it really needs to slow down!  He is 6 so therefore struggles to pay attention but he is picking things up and it stops me in my tracks whenever he reads something!  I love to watch him learn! He is TONS of fun!!


This one has been a trooper this year! But at least she doesn't look any worse for the wear!





 Seriously!  This photo shoot melted my heart like she does almost daily!  Poor thing has had to practically raise herself this year, especially the first few months of the year because I was so non functioning!  She has become a wonderful little girl!  Challenging at times (read potty training) but so sweet and silly!  We are just so in love with her and her crazy, loving, sassy spirit!!

God has really blessed us!  This year has been a great challenge for me but I have learned to lean on the Lord more than I ever have before!  Literally for strength to get through the day (or hour)!  I am so thankful for the good and for the bad!  I wouldn't be the person I am today if I had not learned anything or been challenged in any way!  God is good! All the time!








No comments:

Post a Comment